Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about tags, we have answers. Bottom line is, we deliver real tags real fast.
- What is "10% Overs, Free"?
- Any custom printed tag ordered through our website will receive 10% of the quantity ordered, in extra tags, for free. For example, if you order 1000 custom printed tags, you will receive an additional 100 tags (10%) at no additional charge. This applies to orders of 50,000 or less. Maximum overage of 5,000 tags per order.
- What is your standard punch size? Can you do an 1/8" punch?
- All of our tags will come with our standard 3/16" or 1/4" punch, depending on which press it was ran on. If you require a specific size punch, please complete a Request for Quote.
- What is the size of your patch? Is it paper or metal?
- Our tags come standard with a 9/16" diameter brown-like fiber paper patch reinforcement. If you would like a metal eyelet in addition to this fiber patch, or a different color patch, please complete a Request for Quote.
- Are the corners clipped off on all tags or can I have all four corners square?
- Our blank and stock tags will have clipped corners; however, if you would prefer all four corners to be square for your custom printed tag, please specify this in your tag layout notes.
- Do you have a list of available ink colors?
- We can print with any color from the Pantone Uncoated palette, but please review our list of popular ink colors. Please note that colors will vary from monitor to monitor and these samples are not meant to be used for exact ink color matching. Always refer to the physical PMS swatch for accurate color matching.
- Do you have a price list?
- We do not currently have a price list or catalogue for distribution. However, most of our tag prices and options are available on our website. If you are in need of a specific tag and do not see it on our website, please complete a Request for Quote and we'll be happy to provide pricing and options.
- Do you have any stock tags?
- We have many stock tags, from production control to auction supply and are continuously adding more popular options for your ordering convenience.
- Do you have an order minimum?
- The minimum quantity is 1,000 tags per lot for custom printed & blank tags. Price breaks are offered on a per thousand, per tag, basis. For example, an order of 2000 #3 Red tags will be discounted to the 2000 cost, whereas an order of 1000 #3 Red and 1000 #3 Light Blue will not receive the 2000 quantity price break.
We do offer many Short Run Stock tags where the minimum order requirement has been reduced.
- When can I expect my order?
- For custom printed tags, please allow 5 to 7 business days to produce/print your tag. If in stock, blank and stock tags will ship the next business day if they do not have attachments. If out of stock, or require attachments, please allow 5-7 business days before your order will ship. Transit time will depend on your location – all orders ship from Ohio. For more information, please see our Shipping Policy.
- Is there a charge for rush orders?
- No, we do not charge any fee for rush orders. All orders are processed as soon as possible. If, however, you know you need your order by a certain date, please mention this during the order process. Once you receive your Order Acknowledgment with an assigned ship date, it is more difficult to expedite your order. For more information, please see our Shipping Policy.
- I do not have any artwork, is there a typesetting charge?
- With your paid order, typesetting and PDF proofs are provided at no additional charge. If you have a sample or sketch/idea of what you would like for your tag, please upload or email it to us with your order information. We will be happy to assist you with your tag layout. Please note that we cannot typeset or create logos.
- Can you print with white ink?
- We do not recommend printing with white ink for letterpress printed tags. The ink is very thin and will not print opaque, instead allowing the color of the tag stock to come through, "muddying" the white imprint. For example, a white imprint on our red tag stock may appear pink or rose, rather than white. For true white printing we would recommend having four color process tags quoted.
- What are your artwork requirements and which file formats are accepted?
- It is recommended that a 1/8-inch margin is left around your custom tag to allow space for feed rollers on the press. From the top of the tag, allow a 3/4-inch for a hole punch and fiber reinforcement.
We commonly receive the following file formats, however others are accepted:
Other file types can include various Office Formats (*.doc, *.docx, *.ppt, *.xls), as well as most other imaging and general word processing formats.
- - Adobe Illustrator (*.ai)
- - Illustrator EPS (*.eps)
- - Adobe PDF (*.pdf)
Please flatten all type included in any artwork or provide windows compatible font files. **ie: TrueType, OpenType, PostScript
Please provide original files for any embedded logos or graphics included in any artwork. **vector formats are recommended.
We prefer that any multi-color artwork and sample documents sent to us are color separated to avoid any confusion or error. You may distinguish colors by layering your document, or by sending multiple documents with a common template.
If you send us camera ready artwork by post, please ensure that it is a black & white copy without any folds or creases. In addition, please include a color sample if possible.
- Will I receive a proof before production?
- Yes, any new or revised art will require your approval of a proof before reaching production. It is recommended that you check your proof carefully for any errors or necessary changes. Changes will be made at your request without additional charges.
- Where can I send digital artwork files?
- Send all files by email, or upload. Please reference the order which the artwork pertains to in your message.
- What is the difference between looped and knotted string?
- - Looped String, the ends of the string are left untied.
- Knotted String, the ends of the string are tied together.